Tuesday, March 2, 2010

11 months

This was a really hard month for me. A great month for Lyla, but everything just kind of hit me. Oh my gosh, she is about to be one! Are you serious? Where did the last year of our lives go? I guess we must have had a lot of fun because time sure did fly by.

While Lyla finally started walking, crawling and cruising literally from one day to the next, I found myself mourning. I felt sad about losing my little girl because she no longer acts like a baby. She is turning into a big girl right before my eyes. Her little face is changing with the coming of every tooth, which is 6 now. Her communication is definitely developing. She has learned to point and shake her head no to let us know what she wants and doesn't want. She will waive her hands to show me the sign "all done." And oh goodness is she talkative! Her favorite words are "dada", "duck", "dog", "hi", "bye bye", "baby" and sometimes "mama". Oh, oh, oh, I totally forgot to add that she is finally giving kisses!!! I love it so much, but I think it absolutely melts daddy's heart.
I think we are going to have little socialite on our hands. She is so friendly. Everywhere she goes, she just smiles and waves at everyone like she has known people her whole life. With every smile and giggle you can really see the true nature of her sweet little soul.

So I spent a few days in dumps and now I am over it. I have to be, there is a party to plan. A very special one if I do say so myself. So stay tuned. There will be birthday updates before you know it.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 11 months, Princess Lyla! It's been so fun to watch you grow this first year. Looking forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete