Wednesday, March 31, 2010

1 year!


Wow, this week came and went so quickly I just realized that I hadn't posted her about her being a year old! The past year has truly been the most precious and special time of my life. While it is has gone by lightening fast, it has been a year full of many blessings. Lyla has brought something to my life that I could have never imagined and now that I have it, I can't imagine my life without it. I guess only a parent can really understand what I am saying, but what a true blessing having a child is. I could never ask or hope for more than what God has given me with Lyla. She fills my heart with happiness every single day and I am pretty sure that goes for her daddy as well. I have never seen two peoples' face light up the way theirs do when they see each other. It is such a precious moment and an honor to be able to witness. They will never know how sweet the two of them are together.
I honestly can not believe it has been a year since I went through 24 hours of labor and gave birth. In some ways it seems like an eternity ago, but in others, just yesterday. I can only hope and pray that the rest of my life is blessed half as much as my first 30 years have been. Honestly, a person couldn't ask for much more. I am so proud to be her mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, Melissa, this made me cry! It's amazing to think that one year ago we were meeting our babies for the first time, when now it doesn't seem possible that I ever existed in a world where Douglas wasn't born yet. It is such a blessing and a miracle that we have been given. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete