Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lyla's last week with me

Today marks her 14 month birthday and with that, her last week with me at work. In some ways I am looking forward to having a little more independence and improving my productivity at work. On the other hand, I know that this has been a very special time in both of our lives and we got to share these last few months together...........now it is coming to an end.

Selfishly, I wish I could keep her with me forever, but she is her own little independent person now and she requires more attention and yearns for discovery and exploration of new things. I am also very sad today that this is her last day at the Playhouse. They loved and cared for her so well the few hours a week she was there. Words can not express how sad I am that we couldn't make it work out long-term. The hours and money just wouldn't allow it and I can only pray that her full time school is just as great. That would be a true blessing. I hope as a mommy that I am making the right decision for her and that she will be as happy going forward as she has been in the past. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, what a hard transition! I'm sure it will be for the best for both of you, but it's probably going to be pretty emotional first. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete