Wednesday, December 30, 2009

9 months


I know, I know. I have really fallen off the wagon with posting updates. To be honest, I really haven't felt like saying much. It isn't that anything is wrong or that I am not happy. Things just haven't seemed right. My Granny passing away is still tough to deal with on a daily basis and the holidays just weren't the same. I carry so much guilt because I felt so "blah" this year and it was Lyla's first Christmas, but honestly this was the strangest holiday I have ever had. My Granny always made the holiday special and I just didn't feel right celebrating without her. In addition, Fabian worked a 24 hour shift on Chirstmas and so it felt very lonely not having him with us. I wasn't alone by any means. I was surrounded by my wonderful family, but sometimes you can still be lonely even though you are surrounded by a thousand people.
Anyway, moving on....... Well, a lot is going on with our sweet little Lyla! No, she isn't crawling yet. ARGH! However, she gets where she needs to by rolling around ;) She has also discovered that she no longer likes being on the floor. She wants to see the world from a standing position. In fact, she may skip crawling altogether. We have another tooth that just came in on top. So we are up to three! Her little gums were so red and swollen. I felt so sorry for her. They had blisters and were bleeding :(
She absolutely loves to feed herself, especially blueberries! I have to admit that she is a pretty clean eater. In the past few days she also learned to clap pretty well and wave. It is so adorable!

She had a great time at Christmas! She did great when we visited Santa! I was waiting for her to reach up and pull on his beard, but she was very smiley and behaved like a little lady. While she didn't quite grasp the concept of opening presents she did a little opening on her own. We now have toys everywhere and realized the one thing we forgot to get her is a toy box. Ha! I don't think I have ever seen her more tired than Christmas evening. She fell asleep in the car on the way home around 7, and she didn't wake up until 8am the next morning. Poor baby! All in all, she was trooper, just like always :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're still having a tough time losing your Grandma. It will feel better eventually, but I think it's healthy to just spend some time missing her. And Lyla isn't old enough to remember, so try not to feel too bad about it.

    I'm jealous of the clapping and waving! Douglas is crawling everywhere, but he still looks at me like I'm a crazy person. Post pics/videos!!

    ReplyDelete