Monday, November 2, 2009


As I write this I am battling a little cold that was generously given to me by Lyla. I can't complain because it hasn't been too bad for me, but I can't say the same for Lyla. Initially I thought she might be teething again but it has turned into a full fledged, snottiness that I can't describe. I feel so terrible for her because she is so congested it is hard for her to even eat. I have never felt more terrible than Saturday night, which was when her cold was at its worst. She went to bed pretty easily only to be awaked by throwing up in her bed. Needless to say she wasn't too happy about that. I have never heard her more upset but by the grace of God, after rocking her for about 30 minutes she finally gave in and went back to sleep.



Being helpless is the worst feeling in the world. As a parent we are supposed to be a source of comfort and there was nothing I could do for her to make her feel better. Even though the past couple of days have been a little rough I am still thankful. I am so thankful that it is just a cold and not the flu or even worse, H1N1.

No comments:

Post a Comment