Monday, November 2, 2009

7 months!


On October 25th, Lyla turned 7 months old. It is crazy to think where we were this time last year. In some ways it seems like an eternity ago, but then like yesterday. She continues to grow and thrive, enjoying new foods every day. Let's see so far she has had peas, green beans, squash, avocado, apples, bananas, guacamole, tuna, chicken and spaghetti. My bad on the spaghetti! Her pediatrician said to give her what ever we eat, so one night I smashed up some spaghetti for her and lets just say she rejected it, 100%. I don't know if it was the texture, flavor, seasonings.........whatever it was she gagged until she puked! I felt so bad :( I was kind of surprised because she had loved everything I had previously given her. So note to self, no Italian stuff for a while!

I have been making her baby food with her Beaba. At first I was worried it would be a cumbersome and time consuming task, but it is actually so easy. I also feel like I am doing some very healthy for her by avoiding additional chemicals and preservatives.

Developmentally, she is sitting up great now and she has two teeth! The past couple of weeks she has really been scooting around on her knees but she hasn't quite grasped crawling. Oh, the big news for her is that she is finally rolling around both ways like crazy! The day she figured it out she made it seem like she was a pro all along.

We also decided to take the plunge and put our house up for sale. We just listed it but we are hoping a praying for a positive outcome. Thank goodness our builder is going to work with us through the process. It is crazy to think that this will be the last "holidays" at this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment